Written September 15th, 2009
Well, I am officially here in monk land! I arrived on Sunday afternoon at about 3:00. I am loving everything so far =)
I have admitted already that I was apprehensive about some things, but I have found out quickly that I was worried over nothing. The girls are really great, and I think that we are going to have a wonderful year. The rooms are small, but I was able to fit everything I wanted to bring in and I still have room to accumulate more stuff! Not to mention. I saw the inside of the house we will be moving into in about a month and it is way bigger than I had originally thought it was going to be. Also, some really nice people donated their couch, loveseat, and two end tables to our house which are really nice. They look brand new! I am so excited about moving into it!! It’s going to be fabulous!
This week Fr. Nathan is giving us time to “nest” so we don’t have a ton to do yet. We have classes and our prayer schedule but other than that we are just getting ourselves settled so far. The classes, which started today, are really awesome. We are doing a week session entirely focused on philosophy, and the two hours we had this morning were great.
This weekend we are taking a trip up to Wisconsin. Fr. Nathan wanted us girls bond right away so he thought a pilgrimage would be great for this. It should be good, we leave Friday and come back Sunday night. Then the next weekend, the 25th, we leave to go down to Missouri for a 6 day canoe/camping/hiking trip. The first half of the trip we will be with other young adults for the canoing portion, then after they leave we will be doing some hiking and camping for the last few days. Again, I am really excited about this as well.
I am giving a forewarning now that despite my intentions to keep this posted regularly, it doesn’t look as if that will be happening for awhile. You see, our apartment cannot receive the wifi signal while the leaves are on the trees or something, so I have to go over near the brothers chapel to get signal. Also, as Fr. Nathan pointed out to me, I won’t actually have a lot of time on my hands to do things like blog this year, because we have so many other things going on all the time.
The only bad thing about this so far is that I already miss my family. And I am nervous that a terrible bout of homesickness is going to come in about two weeks when it finally sinks in and I realize that I won’t be able to come home for every little thing.
Until then though, I am really happy and things are going GREAT!
Peace,
Becca
1 comment:
Sounds like all is well. We miss u too! Sara was all upset about going shopping today without her Becca!!
Post a Comment