Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A busy weekend!

It seems like forever since I last posted! I have been gone all weekend and was busy all day Monday with school. Since I didn’t have school today (thank God) I am catching up on homework, blogging, and everything else.

I spent the weekend at the brothers of St. John with the Eagle Eye Institute. I have been thinking about enrolling in the institute in the fall of 2009 for a while now. Fr. Nathan and I thought it would be a good idea for me to check it out for a weekend to see if it is really what I want to do. You are probably wondering what in the world an Eagle Eye institute is. In a nutshell it is a full formation in Philosophy, prayer, and youth ministry. Check out www.soaringforwisdom.com to read all about it. Click on the link to School of Evangelization which is what the institute used to be called. I had a wonderful time all weekend as I always do when I am there. I have not officially made a decision yet, but in the back of my mind I cannot picture myself anywhere but there next year. To me this is an ideal time in my life to do something like this. I am ahead in school as I have started my freshman year of college at the age of 17. I don’t know what I want to major in, so this would be a great way to take some time to discern what it is I want to do with my life. The way I see it I have nothing to lose. Getting both of my parent’s approval might be another story though.

I don’t have any news about the job search. I turned in applications to several places on Thursday such as Wise Guys, Townsend coffee shop, and the local Christian bookstore. Unfortunately I have not heard back from any of them *sigh*.

Yesterday proved to better than last Monday. I don’t know if the fact that I was bumming it yesterday when I didn’t take a shower and wore my hoodie to school made that made me look friendly or what, because I had several people who I don’t typically talk to randomly start telling me about the hard time they were having lately. I was waiting for my first class to start when this guy from the class just struck up a conversation with me that led to him telling me about how he broke up with his girlfriend that morning and is moving out because of the intense amount of fighting he has been doing with his parents lately. Then I went to my next class and this girl starts telling me all about her ulcers and how she has been in the hospital lately and how stressful it has been. Then at the end of the day I was walking to my car when this guy falls into step beside me and starts telling me about his Chef Boyardee he was having for lunch and wanted to know if I wanted to go play poker of euchre with him. I declined with the excuse that I had to go pick up my sister (hey I really did!).

Well, I better go finish up the rest of my homework.

1 comment:

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

Beck!!! The Eagle Eye thing sounds great! =)

I guess people love to talk to you.. ha ha ha.. passing up euchre? WHo are you??? LOL!!

Okay... so, why did you apply at WISE GUYS??????? What are you thinking, did you not learn anything from EMILY????? Yuck.