Monday, October 20, 2008
Offer it up.
Mondays are always a hard day for me. Not only is it the end of the weekend and the start of another long week but also the longest school day of the week for me. My first class starts at 9:00 a.m. and my last class of the day isn’t scheduled to end until 9:45 p.m. Now in all fairness I usually get out of my last class about 7:30 p.m. not 9:45 p.m. but that’s still a long day. Today started off badly and only continued to go downhill from there. I went to leave for school this morning only to find that the tire on my car was completely flat. This type of thing wouldn’t typically cause too much of a problem for me as I can usually borrow my mother’s car. However, today my mom was gone so I called Dad to ask his advice on what to do. After warning me that it has been over heating lately he tells me I will have to take Mom’s minivan to school, a.k.a. the Grocery Getter, and watch that it doesn’t over heat on me. Obviously this is not the hippest ride to pull into the college parking lot but hey, I suppose I will take what gets me there right? So after making a quick stop to drop my sister off so she can babysit, I head off to school where I pull into the back parking lot where no one will see me getting out of the “beast.” After about falling asleep in music, I head to the dreaded speech class. What is the first thing out of Mr. Tomasson’s mouth? “I’m so sorry you guys! I am a complete idiot. Nobody is getting a zero on the next quiz. I went off on you guys last Friday thinking that we had already covered visual aids and outlining. Do you guys even know how to outline?” After we told him no he went over the material that we had supposedly “already covered.” All I can say for him is that I am glad he was a big enough man to admit that he was wrong. So after that class and another I head out to the parking lot to find my “hip ride” and am off to subway for lunch because, I am STARVING! I pulled into subway’s parking lot with my stomach growling and start to dig in my purse for some money. What do I find? Everything but! In the rush to get out of the house this morning I forgot my wallet on my dresser. Despite what some may think this is not a typical thing for me to do. I ended up scrounging in the bottom of my purse until I came up will $2.67 in change. Just enough for McDonald’s dollar menu! After a quick run through the drive up I get on the interstate, rockin’ out in the mom mobile on my way to the library to study for my next class. All of a sudden I look down and what has happened? My beloved ride is overheating! Not sure if I should pull off onto the shoulder I say a quick prayer and hope that I make it to my exit. By the time I get off the exit ramp and wait for what seems like an eternity for the light to change, the car is kind of shaking and definitely not accelerating properly! I pull into Tractor Supply Co. and call Dad. He informs me that I am just going to have to sit with it for a half hour or hour until it cools down. That’s right about when the tears start to come. It was now raining, I was stranded, I still had another terrible class to get through, and I’d had it. After waiting around for what seemed like forever Dad finally came, and my brother Adam took me home. The rest of the day was a bit better. Dad fixed my tire so I drove little red to my last class where I did actually pass the quiz we had, and with some pizza and my jammies on I am feeling much better. The good news is 1.it’s over. 2. I have actually been able to laugh about it already today. 3. I think I may have hit rock bottom so my week can only get better from here on out. Hmm maybe one of these days I will post about something a little happier. For now, that's my rantings. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beck that sounds just awful. You're right things will get better they always do. *hugs* I wish I lived closer and I would have come and gotten you.
Post a Comment