Tuesday, October 14, 2008
W.O.W.
Over the weekend I attended the W.O.W. (weekend of wisdom) retreat that was put on by the brothers of St. John and it was JUST what I needed! I absolutely LOVE to be down there. I go as often as I can, which is about once a month whenever they have a day or weekend planned for teens. We had rather a small group this time which was nice, but I wish that more kids would make an effort to go, because it is such a wonderful thing! It seemed like everything spoke right to my heart more this weekend than ever before. Friday night Fr. Nathan showed us a video and talked with us about Mary. It was really good, I almost started crying. We spent time in adoration and went to Mass. We had classes in philosophy and theology, a great campfire, and a lot of other great things. In the summer they have a retreat that lasts nine days where we go camping for a couple days then go back to the monastery where we have classes, mass, adoration, campfires, and different activities every day. I have been the last two years and it has been amazing! Everyone that goes has said that they absolutely love it. It has been great meeting kids from all over who are really trying to go deeper in their faith. I can’t wait for November's Sapientia Saturday down there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment