Thursday, October 9, 2008
Kids say the darndest things.
I babysat for a family friend tonight. Before I left I was sitting at the table with the kids and their mother. The 2 year old took my sunglasses off my head and put them on her mom. The ten year old daughter looked at her mother and exclaimed “WOW Mom! You look WAY younger in those!” I started cracking up! Then if that wasn’t enough, a few minutes later the mother was telling me a story about how disgusted she once was when a drunken man was “hitting on her.” Her ten year old daughter who was listening to the story looked up at her mother and said, “the man was hitting you?!?!” I love baby-sitting; there is never a dull moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh that's cute.
No one is more honest than a child...some times. ;)
This reminds me of when I was pregnant with my 1st, teaching 1st grade. My students were incredibly good about telling me how large I was getting. Some even told me my butt and legs were "SO MUCH BIGGER" than before.
They do say the darndest things!
Cute! Wait until your the mom on the other side of it. =) I got some funny ones that are better left off the blog. LoL!!!!
I got a new "fashionable" outfit once and asked my dd how I looked. Her response? "Mom, you look like a babysitter!" I took that to mean I looked hip.
Kids comments are always entertaining :) I can't wait until I start hearing them from my kids!
Post a Comment