Sunday, November 30, 2008

Walkin' in a winter wonderland!



It’s snowing! I am not a huge fan of snow, but I am a little excited over this. I would like to make it to the ski slopes again this year. I went once a few years ago and had a blast, but I am all of a sudden scared to go back. Hopefully I will get another chance to go this year and kick the fear!


Last night I went to the festival of lights, which was amazing! I have not been to the parade since I was probably nine. I snapped a few picture of some of the floats. I tried to get some of us but they didn’t turn out because of the flash.






This is the first Sunday of Advent and I am ashamed to say I really haven’t put much thought into what I will do to make it special. Firstly put more time into my prayer life. I am going to try a lot harder to really set aside time every day, but does anyone have any suggestions of things they are doing/have done to make advent more prayerful? Every year I start off with good intentions to make advent more spiritual, but I feel like by the 3rd week or so I start to lose my enthusiasm and get caught up in the material aspects of the season. Any suggestions are appreciated.


Well, that’s all for now, I’ve got a lot of projects due this week for school so I had better go finish up that homework =(.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I need to make advent more prayerful too beck. it always seems stressful and annoying. =(

Love the pictures. I wish we could have gone.

PS. Skiing is scary. Ha haha.