Ugh! School starts again the day after tomorrow! Where did my break go? It feels like I just took finals yesterday and here I am starting another semester. Not to say that I am not excited at all to get back in the swing of things, and some of my classes should be pretty interesting. I am taking an intro to philosophy class this semester. I study philosophy at St. Johns, and I am really interested to see the differences between Fr. Nathans lectures and those at my college.
I am also excited to get back into the kickboxing thing! I am going to take some more classes this semester at our YMCA. It won’t be as much fun doing it without my sister, but it should still be great! One good thing is that all the classes offered there are included in one price. Since I won’t be able to make the Monday night kickboxing class, due to a night class I have this semester, I thought I would try out some other classes on the days they don’t have kickboxing.
Not only am I starting school back up, but I am also starting a waitressing job on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be a good fit. I will work Tuesdays and Thursdays, and either Saturdays or Sundays which works perfectly with my school schedule as those are the days I don’t have class. I am really excited about finally having a job. It really causes me a lot of stress when I don’t know where my next paycheck will be coming from. All last semester I was surviving off of my savings and hit and miss baby-sitting or cleaning jobs. I felt guilty if I ever bought anything for myself, because I didn’t know if I could afford it.
I am really a creature of habit, if I am using that phrase correctly. I like having a schedule and keeping to that schedule. I like to know what I am doing everyday ahead of time, and having things to look forward to. I like to feel secure knowing that I can afford anything I am going to need. As much as starting school up again sounds so incredibly depressing, I am actually kind of looking forward to the structure it offers, and having a regular work schedule with a regular paycheck.
1 comment:
From one organized person to another... Sounds like everything is working out great! I'm happy for you :)
Post a Comment