Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Family
I have been thinking about this issue a lot these past few days, and I want to post something on the topic, but I am not sure where to begin. A couple months ago I was talking to a priest friend about struggling with relationships in my family. I didn't really expect him to say a whole lot on the topic, maybe just "pray to the holy family" or something. But he told me that this actually is an incredibly important issue. He told me about how the devil attacks the family because it is the strongest foundation for a Christian life. Once He can find a break in the family, the whole foundation can crack, and we know what happens when there are cracks in the foundation, the whole thing can fall apart. I had never really thought about this being such an important thing before. When we live in this society with so many broken homes, it is no wonder that the world has such serious problems. I think it is important to make sure we don't allow any breaks to become too large. It's easy to allow those breaks to happen when we have a fight or disagreement with a family member, or when they aren't living the same kind of life we are. It seems to be easier to cut them off from our life, or limit the time we spend with them. But family is is such an incredibly strong bond that if we cannot live in a community of love with those we are so closely linked to, how will the world ever be the the community of love that it was meant to be? I don't know if that made any sense...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Perfect Beck! You know I needed to read that.
Post a Comment