Monday, March 23, 2009
"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" -Mother Teresa
Do you ever feel like you wish you could be somewhere else doing something that “matters?” I sometimes feel like I should be off doing something amazing. I see all these people who are doing great things and I think, “hey! I want to be out there, making a difference.” It’s the worse when I look at people like Mother Teresa. I feel like, man my life seems so silly. I want to be off doing great things like her. Saving souls! But, when I take a step back and really look at things in a clear perspective, I can see, that in a small way, I am doing great things. It’s just harder to see from where I sit. I have been reminded of this recently because a kid from my school contacted me the other day. We had never spoken before but he is in one of my classes. He friend requested me on facebook and I almost ignored it because I didn’t think I knew him. However, I recognized the picture and decide to OK it. A few days later he sent a message to me telling me how much he like my pro-life pictures. You see, I have an album posted on my profile of pictures of aborted babies along with information on things like partial-birth abortions, and the development of babies in the whom. Mixed in are pictures of Anne Geddes babies and premature babies. Anyway, his comment led us into an ongoing discussion of God, religion, morality, etc. From what he has told me, he is a fallen away Catholic, who no longer goes to church. Talking with him has really made me step back and think. We never really know what a simple act, like standing up for what we believe and posting a couple of pictures, can affect. It’s helped me realize that God leads us all to “great” things no matter where we are, if we let him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is the small things Beck! That's great and you never know what the future will bring.
You are doing far more than you even know. You are a great example to me, my children and your other siblings and that alone is great.
Post a Comment