So I just got back on Saturday night from the eight day Young Adult Eagle Eye retreat at St. John's. I'm not going to go into all details about it, as a lot of you have already heard the highlights. All I will say is that it was amazing, the best I have been on so far.I only wish I had stopped to take a few pictures. It has made me even more psyched for this fall if that's possible. I met a couple of the girls I will be living with too, and I can tell it's going to be a great year =). Only about eight more weeks!
Sunday we had the yearly Kunkel reunion. I felt a little weird because I don't actually know very many of my relatives. There I was with all these people who are family, and I don't even know their names. I hope our family and our children's families stay close even as we get older. It seems the reunion gets smaller every year. We didn't stay long there before we left to go to a cookout and watch fireworks with Mom's side of the family. I love the fourth of July, definitely one of my most favorite holidays!
Today it was back to the typical work schedule. I helped my sister Sara prepare for the garden walk she is signed up to do, then I went to work. Unfortunately the drama there has not yet died down. The day manager is continuing to put me on the schedule for days and not saying anything about it to me directly. I was praying about this while I was on my retreat and I'm trying not to be so discouraged by this anymore. Without sounding like a "holy roller," I am trying to see how I can use this situation for God's glory.
"But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic. give to everyone who asks of you, and from the one who takes what is yours do not demand it back. Do to to others as you would have them do to you." -Luke 6:27-31
No comments:
Post a Comment