Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Eagle Eye Summer Conference
Last Thursday I went for the four day Summer Eagle Eye Conference at the brothers. It was a good retreat. In addition to a lot of the perks of the usual Eagle Eye retreats such as Philosophy classes, Lectio Divina (bible sharing) in small groups, celebrating the Liturgy of the Hours with the Brothers, Eucharistic Adoration, and Holy Mass, we also had an awesome praise and worship band made up of some of the brothers, and "witnesses" from Catholics living out their faith. It was cool because it was set up to follow the rhythm of Christ's passion. We had a "Solemn Mass in memory of the Lord's supper" on Thursday, stations of the cross in downtown Peoria (which I wasn't actually there for because I was at my cousins first communion, but I heard it was awesome) on Friday, and a Eucharistic procession on Saturday. I have to admit, it was a good retreat but not the best I have ever been on with the brothers. I did feel like it was lacking some of the depth that they go into on the other retreats in the classes and talks. It also didn't help that I was dead tired most of the time from sleeping on a gym floor instead of a bed. For the first Summer Conference of it's kind though, I say it was good. I felt bad though because there were so few people who came for it. They were expecting about a hundred to a hundred and fifty people and I think they only got maybe fifty? It's okay though, next year we'll have more. On Sunday, when it was over, some of my friends and I decided to go out to lunch and one of the brothers decided to come with us. It was funny because we went to TGI Friday's and the waitresses were completely staring at our fully habited friend. I wonder if it ever gets annoying having people stare? Even though I have just gotten back on Sunday from that, I will be leaving on Friday night for the nine day retreat. It will be a little strange because it's the first overnight retreat that I have been on with the brothers that my cousin Rachael has not been on with me (she is going to be leaving for the one for teens the day I get back). I'm really looking forward to it. Pray for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment