Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Great Mississippi Valley Fair!

It's almost two in the morning and I am still up, ugh! I didn't get off work until 11:30 tonight and I drank too much diet coke there so I am still wired. So I figure I might as well let go of some thoughts on here since I am up anyway.

This week was The Great Mississippi Valley Fair. It's turning into a little tradition for my cousin Rachael and I to go to the country concerts every year. We have a blast every time. This was our third year going. In the past we have seen, Jason Aldean, Sugarland, Josh Turner, Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson, Lonestar, and Alan Jackson. This year we saw Trace Adkins, Gary Allan, and Big & Rich for the second time. We had so much fun. Big & Rich was by far the best show. They are more performers than Gary or Trace so the show was better. Big & Rich threw tons of merchandise out to the crowd (not that I got my hands on any of it :(). They smashed guitars, pulled people onto the stage, lit guitars on fire. It was awesome. We didn't even mind that we were standing in mud up to our ankles that night because of all the rain we got before the concert started. The coolest thing about the concerts has to be the price though. I am a girl that loooves a bargain and a weeks pass to the fair and all the concerts only cost $40!! One concert would cost that much to see if I went to assembly hall or the iwireless center, and I get to go all week. I only went three nights because the other nights were Kenny Loggins, Alice Cooper, and Tracy Lawrence, none of whom I cared to see. It was pretty much amazing :).

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a lot of fun Becca! =) Pictures would be nice. Ha ha ha. Some of don't get to go to concerts anymore.. not that I'm complaining. Hee,hee.