You know that song by Daniel Powder? You know the Bad Day song? Well, some days I feel like that song should be my theme song, and today was one of those days.
First of all Obama won the election, that right there should put a damper on anyone’s day. All day long at school I had to endure cheers of “GO OBAMA!!” all over campus. Then there was also talk going around by some strange McCain supporters that Obama is the antichrist. Whatever.
So Thursday I talked to wise guys and found out that they apparently don’t need me. Mom and I think that it’s most likely because I am underage and can’t serve alcohol, but I’ll never know, because they didn’t say why. So there you go Andrea, no need to worry after all ;) So this morning I reluctantly decided to go into Townsend coffee shop and tell them that I will accept the job they offered me. I really didn’t want to work there. I am so over the coffee shop thing. It didn’t matter though anyhow, I went in and talked to one of the bosses who didn’t interview me, and she told me that they had decided to cut the hours they are going to be open and won’t need me after all. You would think I wouldn’t mind considering that I didn’t want to work there anyway, but it still stinks. I really need a job, especially after Dad sprung on me this morning that my two hundred dollar insurance bill came yesterday! AH! What am I going to do!? So I went all over town looking into other jobs. I put my application in at a pizza place only to find out that they are not hiring either. What a waste of time. So here I am back at square one or further.
I’m still not sure what to write my paper on. The topics are officially due on Friday. I’ve thought about quite a few things, but it seems that anything worth writing it on he put it on the list of things we are not allowed to write about. I mean, I want it to be interesting at least.
I am quite disappointed with myself for waiting until so late in the semester to attend a music concert that is mandatory for one of my classes. I now have little choices and have decided to go to the one they are offering at school on Friday night. However, now I am quite disappointed that I have to go to this one. Not only am I going to miss the ice-skating for Savannah’s birthday, but a bunch of friends I rarely see are going to be hanging out that night, and I can’t go to that either.
All I can say it tomorrow is another day, and if anyone has any ideas for jobs please let me know!
3 comments:
I am glad you aren't working at Wise Guys, that was really bothering me.. even though WE didn't agree on it. =)
I'm so sorry you are having a bad day. It makes me sad that Obama won the election too, but going as far as saying the antichrist, is a bit much. People are very misguided unfortunately. I just think it's very tragic for all those unborn babies out there. =(
Don't worry, a good job will come up. Did you talk to Deb yet? I think that sounds like a good option.
What else was I going to say?? Hmmm... I'm sorry about the concert, that stinks and they never are all that fun. Can you take a friend with you? That might make it better. I remember (I think you) went with me to one of mine and Kurt the other. and Kurt and I went to the one he had to go to together at NIU.. it was fun!!! You just have to make the best of it.
Love you and things will look up. Things seem to be going hard for you. Just take each day at a time. I stink at papers or I'd think of something and write it for you.
Today was a hard day for a lot of us :( I'm sorry yours was just one thing after another ((HUGS)).
Tomorrow is a NEW day and God does have a plan for you! (Even thou we wanna scream out, "I want to know now")
Regardless of who is elected into office, we have to remember God is in control, God has already written the books, and we know the ending!
I'm in the same position you are with finding a job! Ugghh! lol.
Here are some topics: Gay marriage, steroids in sports, abstinence (there was a really interesting article in the New Yorker on Monday), obesity or the obsession with being "skinny", WALMART!, the media's influence on women and never being "sexy" enough (so buy this lipskick, or this $200 purse, etc.).
I could keep going forever, so if any of those don't sound interesting, just let me know!
- Your favorite cousin!
Post a Comment