Saturday, June 6, 2009

I suppose this needs a title....

Since school has let out, work has been what most of my focus has been directed towards. I have been picking up night hours lately, and I love working them. Sometimes I waitress, and sometimes I hostess. Working as a hostess can actually be pretty fun, because I get to dress up in dresses and heels every night. I will be switching to working only nights soon. Not only do I make a significantly larger amount of money at nights, but everyone for the most part is really friendly and fun to work with, not to mention they actually do their work and don’t pass it off onto someone else the way some of the day girls do. Unfortunately the money and other girls are not the most important reason I am switching. The day manager is unfair. She plays favorites and give the best sections to the girls she likes best (she also seats more people in those sections since she is the hostess too) . Since I refuse to suck up to her and laugh at all her dirty jokes like some of the other girls, I am always stuck with the sections that don’t fill. It is incredibly pitiful that a grown woman feels such a need to exercise her control over us that she displays it in a pathetic passive aggressive way. The examples I could give of her doing little things to exercise her control are endless. I do not mean to be a drama queen, but when the cooks start asking me why Joyce never seats me any tables, I think it is time for me to go. I have already spoken with the night manager who has assured me that she has many hours available for me. All that is left to do is to tell Joyce, the day manager, that I am quitting the day shift, and then to have a meeting with the owner to explain why I am doing so. I wish the meeting with the owner wasn’t necessary, but the night manager asked me to please speak with him, because apparently I am not the only person Joyce has done this to. What a sad and unfulfilling life she must have. She is one of those people that I would much rather hate than feel sorry for or pray for. I suppose that why Jesus said it’s easy to love your friends, even sinners love their friends, the true test of love is in loving those you hate.

And in other things….

I went shopping with my older sisters Maggie and Sara today. We bought some fabulous things, had lunch at Ruby Tuesday’s, and got Star Bucks on the way home. It was fun. It was funny shopping for maternity clothes with Sara. Only a few months ago she was sharing a room with me, she didn’t seem much different or older than me then. Now she is married and is going to have a baby. She is going to be a mother. It’s different than when Andrea started having kids. Because I was younger then, and she did seem a lot older than me. I didn’t see as much of her when she was living at home as Sara. It makes me excited to have a family of my own too. It doesn’t seem like something so far off now that she has done it.

I gave blood on Wednesday. It was my second time. The first time I practically passed out, clotted up and they ended up not even being able to use it. This time was slightly better. I thought I was going to pass out at the very end, started clotting but we got enough that they could use it. I thought I felt better so I went to get some juice and cookies, but then I had to lay down on the floor. It was pretty embarrassing. I know it’s a good cause, but I just don’t know if it’s worth it for me. The rest of the day I was so tired I could hardly do anything. I pretty much laid in bed and watched movies the rest of the evening. The next day my arm was swollen and bruised where they stuck me with the needle and it ached, not to mention I must have drank two gallons of water. I suppose we will have to wait and see if I ever get enough nerve to try to donate again.

I’m really looking forward to the Eagle Eye Summer Conference and the Eagle Eye Young Adult Summer Institute. The end of June is just going to be bursting with Congregation of St. John stuff. I am really excited that my brother-in-law Jake and my sister Sara are going to do the Summer Institute with me. For one thing it will be nice for them to get a little glimpse of where I will be living this fall. Also, I am excited for others in my family to be interested in sharing something that is so influential in my life. I think they are really going to like it, or at least I hope they do!

I guess that is all for now. I’m going to get some sleep.

No comments: